SAVETO Pool Grout is high quality cement based premixed dry set grouting mortar for filling joints between ceramic, marble and mosaic tiles.
SAVETO Pool Grout is recommended where SAVETO Pool Fix is the tile adhesive.
SAVETO Pool Grout consists of selected crushed limestone mixed with graded sand maximum grain size 0.8 mm. and special additives to improve consistency, workability and adhesion to all types of substrates.
SAVETO Pool Grout is formulated to comply with ANSI 118.6.
The product is available in white and grey and other colors as per SAVETO Color Chart.
Available in 20 kg bags and 2 kg cartoon box.
- High quality control system for raw material selection and testing products.
- Exact mixing ratios (scales and weighing process) with controlled mixing method.
- Economic, fast and easy to use (mix & apply), only addition of water is required.
- Excellent bonding, crack free, high resistance to water and extreme weather conditions.
- It is suitable for dry and wet areas, internally and externally.
- Stable colors against sun light & U.V.
- Non shrinkage grout
|| Portland Cement ASTM C150
|| 1.1 kg / liter
|| 6 - 7 liters /20 kg. bag
|| 2 hrs
|| > 250 Kg / cm2 (after 28 days)
Typically (2 – 7) mm.
Depending on type and size of ceramic tiles.
Coverage rate is varying depending on the width of the joint and thickness of the tiles.
- The grouting work shall be carried out 2 - 3 days after installation of the ceramic tiles.
- Prepare the work by checking the joints, the tile adhesive shall not rise higher than half the thickness of the tile in the joints and the excess tile adhesive should be removed.
- Clean the joints and remove dust, loose particles, grease & loose materials which may affect adhesion.
- Unglazed tiles should be moistened before application in order to enable easy cleaning after the grouting work is completed.
- Put 6 - 7 liters of clean water in a suitable pot, and then add one bag of SAVETO Pool Grout gradually and mix for 3 minutes using a mechanical mixer till the mixture is uniform and free of lumps.
- Let the composition stands for about 10 minutes and mix again.
- The product now is ready for application by spreading the mix with a rubbing pad covered with sponge rubber or with rubber spatula.
- The grouting mix is spreading diagonally across the joints to ensure that the grout is pressed tightly into the joints
- Excess remained grout on the tiles is removed with the same tools.
- For wider joints a thicker mixture is used and consequently a smaller water addition is needed.
- The joints are left drying for 10 – 30 minutes (depending on the temperature and the humidity) and then wash the joints using a moistened sponge.
- The final cleaning is made with a dry cloth or cotton when the moisture is vanished from the tile surface.
- When washing and drying the tiles see that the joints are not rubbed to deep.
- In hot and dry conditions the joints must be cured by water spray once every 12 hours for minimum next 48 hours.
- If the mortar in the pot starts to harden, do not add extra water; just remix till it turns back to the desired consistency.
- Tools and equipments shall be washed and cleaned with water directly after use.
- Fresh mortar can be removed with water, but once hardened only mechanical removal is possible.
12 months from the date of manufacture under proper shaded storage place away from moisture.